By purchasing or registering a ticket, or authorizing or allowing it to be done, for any event or conference (the “Event”) organized by Etalon Conference OÜ, a company registered under the laws of Estonia with registry code 12868933, address Trummi 4-4, Tallinn 12616, Estonia, (hereinafter “Etalon”), the individual (the “Attendee”) is giving his or her consent to Etalon to collect, store and use his or her personal data for the purposes of processing the purchase or registration of the ticket and facilitating the attendance of the Attendee at the Event.
Etalon collects and processes personal data submitted by the Attendees in the course of purchasing or registering tickets, filling in online surveys, participating in marketing campaigns organized by Etalon, or otherwise voluntarily communicated to or disclosed to Etalon or the public in connection with the Event, such as in direct correspondence or by disclosing on Etalon’s webpage on the Attendee’s personal profile.
We explain below how Etalon collects and uses personal data in connection with Events.
1. What kind of personal data we collect and process?
1.1. Etalon may collect and process the following information about the Attendee:- the Attendee’s name, photograph, country of residence and company name
– Information provided by the Attendee when filling in forms on Etalon’s website, including registration forms, voluntary surveys
– Name and shipping, contact and payment addresses
– Email address and telephone number
– Date of birth
– Tax identification or VAT number (if applicable)
– Social Media profiles, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin
– Records and content of any correspondence held with the Attendee
– User account details
– Other data collected from or otherwise provided by the Attendee in the course of purchasing or registering for tickets from Etalon, its subsidiaries or distributors
– Data provided by the Attendee when participating in online surveys
– Other information shared with Etalon by the Attendee or on the Attendee’s consent, including via third parties such as Facebook, including correspondence, testimonials, photos, blogs and other writings or other communications sent to Etalon by the Attendee
– Information obtained from credit reference and fraud detection agencies or other third parties used for verifying the accuracy of the information provided by the Attendee
2. The purpose of collecting and using personal data
2.1. General purposes of data processing. The purposes for which personal data of Attendees is processed include:
– processing ticket sales;
– compiling delegate lists and publishing them on Etalon’s and/or event-specific websites, and any other relevant online portals, websites or platforms, and circulating them by e-mail to past and current delegates of the same or similar events;
– performing any actions requested by the Attendee or giving effect to the requests or instructions of the Attendee;
– administrative purposes such as retaining a record of incoming and outgoing communications (e.g. e-mail).
3. Specific acts of processing covered by the consent
3.1. The consent to processing of personal data includes updating and supplementing the data. Etalon is entitled to collect data relating to the Attendee from publicly available sources, to store this data with the data which is already in the possession of Etalon, and to process this data for the same purposes as the data collected otherwise by Etalon, including for direct and targeted advertising communications.
3.3. If the Attendee:
– has agreed to receive email communication about related events, this includes consent to Etalon for the use of this data for direct and targeted advertising to the Attendee on products, services, events and promotions of Etalon, its subsidiaries, affiliates or partners;
– has provided his or her mobile telephone number, this includes consent to Etalon to contact the Attendee by SMS in relation to the conference of other event for which the Attendee is purchasing or registering ticket or attendance or expressing interest;
– participates in online surveys conducted by Etalon in connection with Events, this includes consent to Etalon for the storing and use in connection with the survey of any information provided by the Attendee in the course of participating in the survey.
4. Disclosure of personal data to third parties
4.1. Etalon may disclose the personal data of Attendees to its subsidiaries, partners or service providers who are engaged in or whose services are used for organizing the Event to the extent necessary for these persons to perform their functions.
5. Rights of the data subject
5.1. Right of Access. The Attendee is entitled to a copy of any personal data concerning him or her which has been collected or is processed by Etalon in accordance with the applicable law.
5.2. Right of rectification or erasure. The Attendee is entitled to request Etalon to correct or amend any inaccurate personal data concerning him or her which has been provided by the Attendee to Etalon or is otherwise held by Etalon. The Attendee is entitled to request that any data provided by him or her to Etalon would be erased. Etalon is not required to rectify or erase personal data of the Attendee where Etalon is required to process the Attendee’s personal data under the applicable data protection legislation, or if processing the data is necessary for either Etalon or the Attendee to perform their contractual obligations towards the other.
5.3. Requests for information on personal data stored by Etalon, for rectification of data or for its erasure should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to Etalon Conferences OÜ at the address Trummi 4-4, Tallinn 12616, Estonia. The requests will be processed within a reasonable time, not exceeding 30 days.
5.4. Restriction of use. The Attendee can restrict or forbid the use of his or her personal data by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Etalon Conferences OÜ at the address Trummi 4-4, Tallinn 12616, Estonia. If the Attendee no longer wishes to receive direct marketing messages, he or she can click the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of any respective communication.
6. Security of personal data
6.1. Any personal data collected by Etalon is stored in the data centers located on the territory of a EU Member State and Singapore. Only authorized employees of Etalon have access to the personal data and may access the data only for the purpose of resolving issues associated with the organization of and facilitating participation at the Event.
6.2. Etalon cannot guarantee absolute data security and does not accept liability if the security of personal data is compromised despite Etalon having made use of commercially acceptable and reasonably available means for the protection of the data.